Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Registration: 6:30 - 7:00 p.m.
Program: 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Cocktail Reception: 8:00 p.m.
White & Case LLP
1221 Avenue of the Americas, 49th Floor
New York, NY 10020
Registration Fee: Complimentary
CLE HRCI SHRM
1.0 1.0 1.0
On January 1, 2018, New York State Paid Family Leave law took effect. Millions of New Yorkers are now eligible for jobprotected paid time off to bond with a new child, care for a family member with a serious health condition or assist loved ones when a family member is deployed on activeduty military service. This program will discuss how your clients can use Paid Family Leave to be with their families when they are needed most.
Attendees will learn:
• How to advise employers on compliance with the New York State Paid Family Leave law
• How to enforce employees’ rights under the law
• How the New York State Paid Family Leave interacts with other employment laws
• Natacha CarbajalEvangelista, Esq., Assistant Secretary for Labor & Workforce, Office of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo
• Quinn RappEllis, Esq., Excelsior Fellow, Office of General Counsel, NYS Workers’ Compensation Board
• Arielle V. Garcia, Associate, Jackson Lewis P.C.
• Evelyn M. Pérez-Albino, Associate, Sabin, Bermant & Gould
For more information, please e-mail Brooke Cassens at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://vuture.jacksonlewis.com/API/Print/Preview/Screen?url=https%3a%2f%2finteract.jacksonlewis.com%2f55%2f871%2fmarch-2018%2fnew-york-s-paid-family-leave-law–what-lawyers-need-to-know.asp%3fwidth%3d1024%26ExcludePageBreak%3dtrue#.
To register, please visit: https://interact.jacksonlewis.com/55/871/landing-pages/newcontact-2018-04-10-ny-paid-family-leave.asp.