Assistant District Attorney
The Bronx District Attorney is seeking law school graduates. Assistant District Attorneys are given considerable responsibility early in their careers. When they become proficient, they will begin to handle serious and complex cases.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must understand and respond clearly and effectively (oral/written) to legal issues
- Participate in the investigation and prosecution of criminal investigations
- Establish and maintain appropriate professional relationships with other staff members, criminal justice partners, and witnesses
- Ability to work with people of different backgrounds
- Must commit themselves to serving the office for a minimum of three years
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:
6. A Juris Doctorate degree
- US Citizenship and New York State Residency are required. Salary is commensurate with experience.
8. Excellent people skills and demeanor
9. Maintain confidentiality of information
10. Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
11. Excellent presentation and organizational skills
12. Ability to exercise good judgment and strong ethics
- Ability to analytically solve issues or problems from inception through conclusion
To apply you must visit the BXDA Office website (www.bronxda.nyc.gov) and click on Career Opportunities.
The Office of the Bronx District Attorney is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity and Inclusion.