CIVIL SERVICE TITLE: Certified IT Developer (Applications) LEVEL: N/A
FUNCTIONAL TITLE: Delphi C/S Application Developer
TITLE CODE NO: 13643 HIRING RATE: $76,288
BUREAU/WORK UNIT: Information Technology SHIFT: M-F, 9-5
WORK LOCATION: 198 E 161st Street NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
The Bronx District Attorney’s Office is seeking an experience Client Server developer/analyst that has a proven record of application development. This position will play a key role within the Bronx DA application development team
- Strong knowledge of User Interface design and a strong understanding of databases (Oracle preferred)
- Experience in Object Pascal, PL/SQL, OLE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent technical “documentation” writing skills
- Design skills including the ability to mock-up, present, and implement user friendly interfaces
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, design, develop and implement custom applications to support in-house business processes
- Perform hands on development of C/S applications and provide technical leadership and guidance as required
- Provide production support and maintain existing systems by researching and trouble-shooting any problems
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, and two years of satisfactory full‐time (not classroom based) experience in computer applications development planning, design, configuration, installation, troubleshooting, integration, performance monitoring, maintenance, enhancement, and security management; OR a four‐year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and six years of satisfactory full‐time (not classroom based) information technology experience of which at least 2 years must have been as described above; OR a master’s degree in computer science or a related field from an accredited college may substitute for one year of experience. However, all candidates must have at least one year of satisfactory full‐time (not classroom based) information technology experience as described above.
- 5+ years of experience in Client Server application development preferred
- Candidate should possess analytical and problem solving skills, a sense of responsibility, and an ability to work well independently and in a team environment
To apply you must visit the BXDA Office website (www.bronxda.nyc.gov) and click on Career Opportunities.
|POST DATE: 10/27/2016||POST UNTIL: Filled||JVN: 902-16-1291|
The Bronx District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to Diversity and Inclusion.