CIVIL SERVICE TITLE: Community Assistant LEVEL: N/A
FUNCTIONAL TITLE: AP2 Part Clerk
TITLE CODE NO: 56056 HIRING RATE: $30,273
BUREAU/WORK UNIT: Trial Division SHIFT: M-F 9-5
WORK LOCATION: 215 E. 161st Street NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
Provide administrative support for the bureau in the courtroom while interacting with Assistant District Attorneys (ADAs), Judges, and court staff.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with court staff and judges
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong desire and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Take and retrieve folders from the court part
- Prepare and update both electronic and handwritten Orders of Protection during court appearances in a busy courtroom setting.
- Prepare and mail letters and Orders of Protection to Witnesses on a daily basis.
- Assists ADAs with courtroom tasks on a daily basis.
- Transport sorted file folders to and from courtroom.
- Sort and distribute files to appropriate locations.
- Prepare next day’s court calendar for the ADAs and for courtroom use.
- Assist with other division tasks as well as all other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:
- An Associate’s degree preferred or a High School diploma/GED and a minimum of two (2) years working experience in a law firm, governmental agency, civic or community organization
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Familiarity with general court services.
To apply you must visit the BXDA Office website (www.bronxda.nyc.gov) and click on Career Opportunities.
|POST DATE: 3/8/2017||POST UNTIL: Filled||JVN: 902-17-1363|