CIVIL SERVICE TITLE: Community Associate LEVEL: N/A
FUNCTIONAL TITLE: Payroll Assistant
TITLE CODE NO: 56057 HIRING RATE: $45,000
BUREAU/WORK UNIT: Finance/Payroll SHIFT: M-F, 9-5
WORK LOCATION: 198 E 161st Street NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
Under the supervisor’s direction, Payroll Assistants help manage the employee payroll process for the Bronx District Attorney’s Office, using NYC’s payroll management systems and various agency level payroll controls.
- Ability to utilize strong communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the agency
- Proficient computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail, deadlines, confidentiality and organization
- Solid basic math skills
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzes, documents, and data enters payroll related transactions into NYC Payroll and Timekeeping systems
- Ensures accuracy of payroll transactions in light of NYC and Agency guidelines
- Resolves payroll questions for employees
- Provides payroll orientation for new employees
- Manages payroll check activity
- All other duties as assigned
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:
- A baccalaureate degree preferred OR a High School diploma/GED AND three (3) years of prior work experience in payroll and/or timekeeping
To apply you must visit the BXDA Office website (www.bronxda.nyc.gov) and click on Career Opportunities.
|POST DATE: 10/06/2016||POST UNTIL: Filled||JVN: 902-16-1302|
The Office of the Bronx District Attorney is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity and Inclusion.