CIVIL SERVICE TITLE: Community Service Aide LEVEL: N/A
FUNCTIONAL TITLE: Expeditor
TITLE CODE NO: 52406 HIRING RATE: $27,331
BUREAU/WORK UNIT: Domestic Violence Complaint Unit SHIFT: Nights and weekends
WORK LOCATION: 198 E 161st Street NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 3
Under supervision, assigned to the Domestic Violence Complaint Unit (DVCU), the Expeditor will perform time sensitive case preparation functions. The unit is in operation twenty-four hours a day, seven days per week and support staff will be required to work night, weekend, and holiday shifts.
- Strong ability to multi-task various assignments at one time.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to organize information expeditiously and in a concise manner.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Process all cases accurately and in a timely fashion, and monitor the “arrest to arraignment time”.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is obtained from NYPD and Bronx Local Arrest Processing (BLAP) in 215 E. 161st
- Communicate with NYPD and BLAP regarding Arresting Officer/victim availability and missing paperwork, documenting all interactions.
- Input necessary information and scan paperwork into complaint tracking system.
- Photocopy/scan necessary materials, prepare and submit files to e-arraignments and deliver files to 215 E. 161st
Street for arraignment processing.
- Obtain additional paperwork and other documents as necessary.
- Handle incoming phone calls, direct witnesses to necessary services.
- Coordinate with ADAs and managers.
- All other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- Familiarity with general court services and functions preferred
Note: Due to the necessary service needs of this position, the selected candidates will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
To apply you must visit the BXDA Office website (www.bronxda.nyc.gov) and click on Career Opportunities.
|POST DATE: 3/13/2017||POST UNTIL: Filled||JVN: 902-17-1360|
The Office of the Bronx District Attorney is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity and Inclusion