POSITION TITLE: NYS COURT ATTENDANT, APPELLATE DIVISION JG: 19
LOCATION: APPELLATE DIVISION, FIRST DEPARTMENT
BASE SALARY: $ 57,995 + $ 4,000 LOCATION PAY
- Applicants must be currently employed by the NYS Unified Court System; and Two (2) years of experience as a NYS Court Officer; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Candidates must be legally eligible and qualified to carry firearms.
- New York State residency is required for appointment.
- Candidates must be citizens of the United States.
- Candidates must possess a valid New York State driver’s license.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK:
Under the supervision of New York State Senior Court Attendants, Appellate Division, New York State Court Attendants, Appellate Division are responsible for maintaining order and decorum in courthouses, court buildings and grounds. They also perform various clerical, reception, messenger and other related duties. New York State Court Attendants, Appellate Division are peace officers, required to wear uniforms, and may be authorized to carry firearms.
This position is assigned to the Appellate Division, First Department, located at 27 Madison Avenue. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- physically restraining unruly individuals;
- ensuring the courtroom is prepared for court proceedings;
- responding to requests from lawyers and the public for general information and directing visitors to locations in the courthouse;
- operating security equipment, including magnetometers, handheld screening devices and x-ray machines; using established search procedures to ensure that no weapons or electronic or photographic equipment are brought into the courtroom and driving Judges to official functions.
Once the successful candidate has demonstrated proficiency in the assigned job duties, and upon the recommendation of the Presiding Justice,
the employee will be eligible for promotion to the NYS Senior Court Attendant (JG-21) title.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this title. They do not include all job duties performed by employees in the title, and every position does not necessarily require these duties. Although a position is available and situated at a specific location, the appointee may be subject to reassignment to any position in the same title in this promotion unit dependent upon the needs of the Unified Court System. All applications received from this announcement may be used to fill any vacancies in this title that may occur in this court or agency within the next six (6) months.
Position(s) available at the present time: 1 .
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: NYS Unified Court System employees meeting the minimum qualifications are encouraged to submit a UCS-5 Application for Employment form (obtainable from any administrative office in a court building or on the web at http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/UCS5.pdf and a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Appellate Division, First Judicial Department
27 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10010
POSTING DATE: April 26, 2018
APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED OR RECEIVED BY: May 17, 2018
The New York State Unified Court System is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity or expression), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.