CIVIL SERVICE TITLE: Community Associate LEVEL: N/A
FUNCTIONAL TITLE: Program Coordinator
TITLE CODE NO: 56057 HIRING RATE: $38,183
BUREAU/WORK UNIT: Community Affairs Unit SHIFT: Varies
WORK LOCATION: 198 E 161st Street NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
CONCEPT (Creating Opportunities Necessary to Create Empowered Positive Teens) is a comprehensive, crime-preventative curriculum that offers pre-adolescent children the opportunity to learn essential skills that will help them achieve the following objectives: attain and maintain positive relationships with peers and authority figures, develop a realistic view of crime, and make better decisions. As a component of the academic schedule of the school, the program operates one day a week from twelve to twenty-six weeks. The coordinator will be in as many as 3-5 schools/locations per week. Throughout the course, students receive classroom instruction, acquire academic enrichment and participate in diverse-learning activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), Prezi
- Ability to research current events and trends for use in curriculum and workshop presentations
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate the CONCEPT program at public and parochial schools
- Research CONCEPT curriculum items
- Administer CONCEPT supplemental programming for parents, educators, and community groups
- Responsible for outreach to schools and community based organizations
- Responsible for the data analysis of pre and post tests administered during the CONCEPT program
- Assist with general Community Affairs activities
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Note: Due to the necessary service needs of this position, the incumbent will be required to work a flexible schedule, including occasional nights and weekends.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:
- A baccalaureate degree preferred or a High School diploma and experience involving community-centered activities.
- Experience working with middle school students
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Bilingual preferred
- Driver’s license with a minimum of two (2) years driving experience preferred
To apply you must visit the BXDA Office website (www.bronxda.nyc.gov) and click on Career Opportunities.
|POST DATE: 02/3/2017||POST UNTIL: Filled||JVN: 902-17-1349|
The Office of the Bronx District Attorney is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity and Inclusion