The Hartford is seeking a Senior Staff Attorney in NYC. The Hartford currently has an in-house opportunity for a Senior Staff Attorney to litigate cases in the NYC Metropolitan area. This position partners with their insureds and claim centers to deliver the best possible result in pending litigation.
The Senior Staff Attorney will handle the following key responsibilities:
– Independently and aggressively defend a full caseload of auto, general liability, and construction site accidents from inception through trial.
– Analyze complex legal and factual issues, conduct extensive, well-reasoned legal research, independently develop and present defense strategies on behalf of clients.
– Prepare pleadings, written discovery, motions, and briefs in support of defense strategies.
– Provide effective and timely information, legal advice and other services, in a technology driven environment, to clients and claims on legal and factual issues.
– Communicate with the court, witnesses, opposing counsel, and co-counsel in a manner consistent with established office procedures.
– Responsible for the prompt, efficient, and effective disposition of assigned cases.
– Independently conduct trials, depositions, arbitrations, and mediations.
– Research, draft, and argue motions and appeals.
– Attend continuing legal education seminars in order to maintain a high level of professional expertise.
WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR?
– JD from accredited law school and license to practice in the state of New York.
– Experienced litigation attorney.
– First Chair Jury trial experience required.
– Minimum of 7 years of law practice, with demonstrable verdict experience within the insurance defense industry.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This position is located in their New York City Staff Legal Office in downtown Manhattan. To formally apply, please visit www.thehartford.com/careers and job #1802309.