The Hartford is seeking an Associate Staff Attorney in Garden City, NY.
The Associate Staff Attorney will be part of a unique team responsible for providing top quality representation to Hartford insureds in litigated matters involving premises and auto liability. The attorney will, based on their level of experience,handle their own cases and will also provide legal support to our senior litigation attorneys and be accountable for performing assigned tasks, including but not limited to medical record review; drafting pleadings, motions, and discovery; conducting depositions; appearing in court; conducting legal research; and assisting with trial and mediation. An understanding of the tripartite relationship, a commitment to providing a high level of customer service and detailed reporting to claim center personnel is critical to succeeding in this role. The candidate must have superior organizational skills, the ability to think strategically, a strong desire to be challenged in all aspects of their responsibilities, and an interest in becoming a courtroom litigator.
WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR?
Qualified candidates will have the following requirements:
– Juris Doctor from accredited law school
– License to practice in the state of New York required.
– 1 plus years’ experience, preferably litigation involving automobile, general liability, and matters.
– Exhibit professional demeanor in person and in written/verbal communication with internal/external clients.
– Computer proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
– Proficiency in Skype communication and ability to quickly learn other programs.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
The location of this position is in our Garden City, NY Staff Legal Office. To formally apply, please visit www.thehartford.com/careers and job #1801995.