The Hartford currently has an in-house opportunity for a Senior Staff Attorney to litigate cases in the NYC Metropolitan area.
This position partners with our insureds and claim centers to deliver the best possible result in pending litigation.
The Senior Staff Attorney will:
Independently and aggressively defend a full caseload of auto, general liability and construction site accidents from inception through trial.
Analyze complex legal and factual issues, conduct extensive, well-reasoned legal research, independently develop and present defense strategies on behalf of clients.
Prepare complex pleadings, written discovery, depositions, motions and briefs in support of defense strategies.
Provide effective and timely information, legal advice and other services, in a technology driven environment, to clients and claims on legal and factual issues.
Communicate with the court, witnesses, opposing counsel and co-counsel in a manner consistent with established office procedures.
Responsible for the prompt, efficient and effective disposition of assigned cases.
Independently prepares and presents witnesses and evidence at trials, judicial and administrative hearings, arbitrations and mediations.
Research, draft, file and argue appellate briefs in reviewing courts on behalf of clients.
Attend continuing legal education seminars in order to maintain a high level of professional expertise.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
– JD from accredited law school and license to practice in the state of New York.
– Experienced litigation attorney.
– First Chair Jury trial experience required.
– A minimum of 7+ years law practice, with demonstrable verdict experience within the insurance defense industry.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This position is located in our New York City Staff Legal Office. To formally apply please visit www.thehartford.com/careers and job #1700642
Behaviors at the Hartford
– Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
– Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
– Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
– Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression