Kaplan Kirsch & Rockwell (KKR) is a boutique law firm with a national practice devoted exclusively to infrastructure, environmental, land use, real estate development, conservation, energy, and transportation law. The Firm advises companies and public agencies and has particularly extensive expertise advising public sector airport, transit, transportation agency clients, including on some of the nation’s most complex and high-profile projects. The Firm has offices in Denver, Washington, DC, New York City, and Boston.
KKR offers a unique opportunity for a junior or mid-level transactional (e.g. public/project finance, corporate, public-private partnerships (P3/PPP), commercial real estate, and/or construction law) associate attorney to join our firm. In this role, you will be a key member of our growing major projects practice, which advises clients on procurement; funding and/or financing; regulatory compliance; and delivery of P3/PPP, transit- oriented development (TOD), and other major projects through innovative delivery methods.
You will be uniquely positioned to have a significant impact from day one while also gaining valuable experience. You will also benefit from working at a firm that, reflecting its Rocky Mountain roots, seeks to ensure its attorneys and staff enjoy life both within and outside the office.
KKR seeks a motivated and entrepreneurial individual with the following qualifications to fill this role:
– 3-6 years relevant transactional law (e.g., public/project finance, corporate, P3, commercial real estate, and/or construction law) experience as an attorney
– Law degree from accredited law school
– Admission to practice within the United States
– High quality drafting, client, and project management skills
– Record of academic achievement
– Location in or relocation to an existing office city (Boston, Denver, New York City, Washington, DC)
In addition, KKR will consider positively:
– Civic-minded team players
– Prior experience with P3/PPP, design-build, and other innovative project delivery methods; construction law; project finance; public finance; and related infrastructure and transportation law experience
– Experience with public sector procurement processes for major projects
– Experience with TIFIA and/or RRIF programs, private activity bonds (PABs), municipal bonds, or other forms of project finance
– Experience with Federal transportation grants and regulations, such as those from FAA, FRA, FTA, FHWA, STB, and Build America Bureau
– Demonstrated interest (professional or personal) in infrastructure, urbanism, public policy, and/or related matters
– Entrepreneurial mindset
– Candidates who reflect and share the Firm’s values with respect to diversity, mutual respect and collegiality, and uncompromising high-quality work product
Kaplan, Kirsch and Rockwell is dedicated to the principles of diversity and equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability, marital status, military status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and compensation requirements to Susie Winscott at SWinscott@kaplankirsch.com. No telephone inquiries please.