State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
Linda M. Villarreal & Associates, staff counsel for State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, is seeking a trial attorney with substantial civil defense litigation and first chair trial experience to join their growing team. Candidates should possess exceptional knowledge of civil trial procedure, outstanding research abilities, and excellent written and oral advocacy skills. Candidates should be well organized, detail oriented, and able to independently manage a caseload in a time sensitive environment. The position is classified as a hybrid role, meaning that the work arrangement calls for hours in the office and virtually. Everyone in a hybrid role is required to spend some time in the office. Work arrangements could change over time based on business needs. Based in downtown Houston, Texas, we enjoy an active and busy civil trial practice with no billable hour requirements. We provide a congenial, team oriented, and professional work environment with skilled support staff.
- Must have a law degree from an A.B.A. accredited law school and excellent academic credentials
- Must have an active law license to practice in Texas and a member in good standing with the State Bar of Texas
- 5+ years of experience handling first and third-party cases from inception to conclusion with an emphasis on auto cases
- Jury trial experience
- Knowledge of local and state discovery rules, trial procedures, and applicable substantive law commensurate with level of experience
- Experience presenting and cross-examining lay and expert witnesses
- Experience directing support staff on clerical and administrative matters related to lawsuit handling
- Experience working in a paperless electronic environment
- Strong automation/technological skills for lawsuit handling and courtroom presentation
- Bilingual skills are preferred but not required
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunities HYBRID work environment: Qualified candidates should plan to spend time working from home and some time working in the office as part of our hybrid work environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.