The Los Angeles – Century City office of McGuireWoods is seeking an Associate to join our Labor & Employment Department. McGuireWoods offers clients access to over 60 labor and employment lawyers across the United States and Europe. Our clients include local, national and multinational employers – from small businesses to governmental entities and nonprofits to Fortune 500 companies.
We cross borders, practices and industries in the United States and around the world, collaborating with colleagues and managing resources to deliver the highest value to clients. We offer our employer clients top-notch defense in single-plaintiff, class, and representative actions involving federal and state claims of discrimination, harassment, trade secret misappropriation, and wage and hour violations, among others. In addition, we counsel employers in every aspect of the employer/employee relationship, including federal, state and international law compliance; traditional labor issues; internal investigations; and executive compensation.
Along with excellent benefits, McGuireWoods offers our attorneys a competitive salary with hours and merit bonus opportunities, billable hours credit for pro bono work, and a hybrid in-office/remote option allowing flexibility and work-life balance.
Salary: $295,000 – $400,000
- The ideal Associate will have (4-7) years of relevant California L&E experience in a top 100 law firm setting working on defense of wage and hour class actions and PAGA actions (FLSA collective action experience is a plus), including handling discovery, witness interviews and class certification issues, with partner and/or senior attorney oversight.
- Experience in California defending single-plaintiff employment cases with partner and/or senior attorney oversight, including taking and defending depositions, preparing and arguing discovery and other dispositive motions in state and federal court (and in arbitration), and representing clients in administrative hearings and proceedings.
- Strong academic background and demonstrate top-notch legal research, analysis and writing abilities, including fluent working knowledge and understanding of California state and federal court procedural and evidence rules.
- Although not required, experience advising clients on California labor and employment issues is preferred.
- California bar is required.
Disclaimer: Search firms with a current agreement in place with McGuireWoods LLP may submit materials through the McGuireWoods Search Firm Portal. Please reach out to the Attorney Recruiting Manager listed above to gain registration access if needed. All other unsolicited submissions by search firms will be deemed not accepted.
To apply for this job please visit careers.mcguirewoods.com.