Important Note: While the Puerto Rican Bar Association makes every effort to timely update and investigate these resources, information contained in the links does not constitute legal advice and we encourage your due diligence in verifying information.
- South Brooklyn Legal Services. 105 Court Street, 3rd Floor. Brooklyn, NY 11201. (718) 237-5574 Peter Kempner (Senior Staff Attorney)
- Department of Veterans Affairs NYHHS. Veterans Health Care Center – Chapel Street 40 Flatbush Ave. Ext, 8th Floor. Brooklyn, NY 11201. Note: Representatives are available Mondays at noon (walk-ins welcomed)
- Urban Justice Center Lawyer. 123 Williams Street, 16th Floor. New York, NY 10038 (646) 602-5620 Note: Coco Culhane.
- Legal Services NYC – Veterans Justice Project (347) 592-2409 Website: www.legalservicesNYC.org
- Veteran Advocacy Project. 123 Williams Street 16th Floor. New York, NY 10038 (212) 533-4598 Note: Representatives are available Wednesdays from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Walk-Ins Welcomed)
- Veterans Health Care Center – Chapel Street. 40 Flatbush Ave. Ext, 8th Floor. Brooklyn, NY 11210
- Law NY’s Veteran Hotline (315) 828-0758 | (315) 781-1465
- New York City Bar Association Offers a Monday Night Law Clinic that provides half-hour appointments with lawyers, offering pro bono advice on anything regardless of income level. Call to schedule an appointment. 42 W 44th St between Fifth and Sixth Aves (212-626-7373)
Substance Abuse Resources for Veterans
For information related to information related to Veterans Addiction Treatment and Addiction, please visit:
To find Addiction Recovery Centers and Rehab Programs in Brooklyn, NY and places nearby, please visit:
SSD/SSI Benefits, Housing Clinic, and Child Support
Clinics are held once a month, by appointment, in Manhattan. Veterans should call the hotline on the flyer for appointments and more information.
Click the image to enlarge.
- Claims Corner: Tips for filing your VA compensation claim
- C. 50+ Health Care Benefits, Career Resources, and Discounts for Women
- D. City Bar Justice Center – Overview-Veterans Assistance Project
- E. Avoiding Errant Termination of VA Benefits | Military.com
- F. Tips for Filing VA Appeals
- G. Another Bill Signed, Another Pen for the NYC Veterans Alliance!
N. New York Chaplaincy Services: For spiritual care and emotional support. Email: email@example.com | Phone: (718) 749-8534
Addiction Treatment for Veterans:
- Military/Veterans Finance Learning Center
- PTSD and Substance Abuse Help for Veterans
- Guide to Finding a PTSD Therapist
- How to Stop Living Out of Your Car – Guide for Homeless Vets
- Homeless Veterans’ Resources
- National Coalition for Homeless Veterans
- Financial Benefits of a Military Career
- Financial Assistance for Homeless Vets
- Homes for Homeless Vets
- Support for Veterans and Their Struggles
- Legal Advice for Veterans
- Top 5 VA Home Loan Questions Answered!
- 130+ Small Business & Entrepreneurship Resources and Opportunities for Military Veterans
- Help with PTSD and Substance Abuse
- Pharmaceutical Consumer Safety Information
- Planning Your Transition Out Of The Military
- Know A Veteran In Crisis?
- Resources for Military Family Members
- 2019 Veterans Day Discounts